Guest Post – California Wildfire Grant Funding

I wanted to pass this information on from our trusted FEMA expert – Jerry Quinn

For any of your member clients in the Wildfire declared counties – If they want to pursue FEMA Public Assistance (75% Federal) plus 18.75% State for most of the Counties the above Request for Public Assistance form must be sent to Cal OES.  Cal OES will open an email box for electronic submission soon.  I always recommend, in addition, hand delivery to a Cal OEs representative at the Applicants Briefing – to be scheduled.  A 3rd copy by return receipt mail.

This is for the California Wildfire major disaster declaration DR 4344.  Declared counties:  Butte, Lake, Mendocino, Napa, Nevada, Orange, Solano, Sonoma, and Yuba.

Every political subdivision and eligible Private not for Profit wanting to pursue grant assistance must file this document with Cal OES.  (For 2 Counties included in the 3 winter storm declarations some potential subgrantees filed the document only with their County – big mistake – I am not sure all obtained approval) With the declaration already in place, the filing is required in 30 days – due date by my estimate is 11/9.  I will pursue confirmation – under the circumstances, Cal OES may obtain an extension.

There is a separate request document for the (10) Fire Management Assistance Grants (FMAG)  I will dig that out later or tomorrow.  It is possible all the FMAG costs might be rolled into the major disaster but I have not seen that yet.

9163511831, Landline
9164392269, Cell

Hope you enjoyed this article.  If you need more personalized assistance, you can work directly with us.  Reach out here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Call Now Button