Welcome To The Risk Control Show
Episode 100. Privacy Risk In The Cloud is a reboot for The Risk Control Show as we change gears and add a new co-host, Mike Nease.
In this episode, we discuss Privacy Risk In the Cloud, what “The Cloud” is and what privacy concerns you should have in regards to it. Now, you’re probably asking “What is ‘the Cloud’ anyway?” In reality, The Cloud refers to certain software and services that run on the Internet, instead of on your local computer. Most of these “Cloud” services can be accessed through a Web Browser like Google Chrome or Firefox and many can be accessed through native applications both on computers and mobile devices. Files shared through these services are then uploaded to remote servers and then delivered to all connected devices. As you can imagine, systems like this can be very difficult to track in regards to privacy and security.
“Don’t have this idea that ‘THE CLOUD’ is some mythical vapor that lays over the earth on some sattelite. It’s just a physical hard drive in a computer on a much larger scale…”
How can we continue to use these Cloud-based services while ensuring privacy and security inside our organizations? We discuss this and more inside the episode.
“Don’t come into this with the assumption that everyone handling your data is benevolent. You need to assume that there are wolves among the herd.”
~ Mike Nease
Some Of What We Cover In The Episode:
- How To Protect Your Data
- How to make sure everyone in your organization understands your privacy policies
- How to secure the existing cloud platforms you are using
“Don’t let your emotions get involved in your professional environment. When emotions start to get involved, just go ahead and grab a piece of paper, write the word ‘logic’ on it, wad it up and throw it in the trash.”
Here’s is a list of popular “Cloud” services:
- Google Drive
- Apple iCloud
- Microsoft OneDrive
Articles Related To This Episode: Privacy Risk in the Cloud
- Ex-Apple Employee Charged With Stealing Autonomous Vehicle Secrets – READ ARTICLE
- Bikie Gang Member Refuses To Let Police Access HisPhone – READ ARTICLE
- Too Embarrassed to Ask: What Is ‘The Cloud’ and How Does It Work? – READ ARTICLE
- Dropbox: Is the productivity boost worth the security risks? – READ MORE
- 9 Ways to make Dropbox more Secure and Safer to Use – READ MORE
Keep an eye out for our new podcast mini-series “THIS IS MY NO” COMING SOON!
Like what you hear? Be sure to Subscribe!
Your 5 Star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Reviews help us get the word out about our show!
Follow us on Instagram @wilmesllc