Welcome To The Risk Control Show
Ep 105. How To Control Sexual Harassment Risk
“I can never figure out why risk managers would create environments where sexual harassment can take place” ~ Steve Wilmes
What Steps Can You Take To Prevent Sexual Harassment In Your Workplace?
1. You have to admit that sexual harassment can occur in your workplace
2.Assess your risk
“This really is an issue of workplace culture. You have to set the overall tone of the environment as a safe environment where these types of behaviors are not tolerated.” ~Mike Nease
Unconventional Sexual Harassment Situations
Everyone likes having fun, but sometimes it can get out of hand. Whether you’re directly the workplace or in a work related activity, making sure that the jokes you tell are appropriate is highly important, especially when it comes to sexual harassment.
Cartoons, posters and other pictures of inappropriate
The visual is the one that gets everyone in trouble because it can happen when you’re not even there. Think about your work environment and the things you have in it. Do you or your workers have inappropriate posters, cartoons or other pictures in the workplace? If there is any question about it, get rid of it.
Listen to the episode for our full conversation!
Articles Related To This Episode: Bone Conduction Earphones and Hearing Conservation
- • Is being asked on a date by a coworker sexual harassment? – READ ARTICLE
- • #It’s Time: A 5-Step Sexual Harassment Risk Mitigation Strategy for Employers – READ ARTICLE
- • 10 ways to protect against sexual harassment in the workplace – READ ARTICLE
- • Sexual Harassment Is Becoming a Serious Investment Risk – READ ARTICLE
Keep an eye out for our new podcast mini-series “THIS IS MY NO” COMING SOON!
Like what you hear? Be sure to Subscribe!
Your 5 Star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Reviews help us get the word out about our show!
Follow us on Instagram @wilmesllc