Welcome To The Risk Control Show
Ep 106. Crime vs. Misconduct – Where does Kavanaugh stand?
It’s impossible to go anywhere recently without seeing the latest updates on the allegations of sexual assault being brought against Judge Brett Kavanaugh by Christine Blasey Ford. And without weighing in on whether or not the accusations against him are true, we believe it brings up an excellent learning opportunity for us as risk managers – and that is whether the alleged act is a crime or simply misconduct.
“The question we need to ask is: When is a crime a crime? This is something that needs to be looked at in your professional view. When you do that, you start to process things differently.” ~Steve Wilmes
When it comes down to looking at this as a risk manager, you have to take the first look: A crime is a crime at the time of the alleged action. Not at the conviction.
“You have to go off what can actually be proven in any situation.” ~Mike Nease
Listen to the episode for our full conversation!
Articles Related To This Episode: Crime vs. Misconduct – Where does Kavanaugh stand?
- + Ford is accusing Kavanaugh of a violent crime, not “sexual misconduct” – READ ARTICLE
- + The Kavanaugh assault allegations are a reminder that Democrats were smart to push out Al Franken – READ ARTICLE
- + Anita Hill: “There is no way to redo 1991, but there are ways to do better” – READ ARTICLE
- + Mark Judge, the other man named in Christine Ford’s Brett Kavanaugh allegations, explained – READ ARTICLE
- + Classifying Crime: Major Schools of Criminology – READ ARTICLE
- + Brett Kavanaugh, Crime, Misconduct and other transgressions – READ ARTICLE
Keep an eye out for our new podcast mini-series “THIS IS MY NO” COMING SOON!
Like what you hear? Be sure to Subscribe!
Your 5 Star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Reviews help us get the word out about our show!
Follow us on Instagram @wilmesllc