When it comes to Risk Management, Safety, Loss Control etc. The following problem solving techniques can be used to solve many problems faced in your daily schedule.
- Prioritization Matrix: Arranging problems and solutions in a matrix by their priority.
- Managerial estimates: Projections made by management. Simply listen to the experts that deal with the issues/problems on a daily basis. They know the issues first hand.
- Delphi technique: This is information gained from experts in industry, but is not done in a group setting nor a group email. Keep each experts response separate and then compile the answer and look for the one that all experts mention.
- Nominal group technique: Use a variety of individuals in industry and compile all their answers. Look for a common thread. This can be done as a group or individually.
- Statistical forecasts: Use the power of numbers to pinpoint the problem.