Can I travel outside the state of California if I am on workers comp?

Guess what – if you are on worker’s compensation and you work for a school district, you are stuck in the State of California unless you get pre-approval from the governing board of the school district.  Sorry, no Vegas trips allowed!

Ed. Code Section 45192 4th paragraph from the end
“Any employee receiving benefits as a result of this section shall,
during periods of injury or illness, remain within the State of
California unless the governing board authorizes travel outside the

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *